Welcome Weekend is held each fall to introduce students to campus life and to help them become more familiar with the University of Notre Dame.
Here are some of the activities planned for you and your family:
- Our Official University Welcome program, followed by the Welcome Cookout
- Academic exploration sessions where you and your family can meet the University administrators and Deans in the schools or colleges that you’re considering
- Residence hall welcome events, student-led activities to introduce you to your new hall community, along with the opportunity to meet with your hall Rector
- Student services open-houses where you can find out more about the support that Notre Dame has to offer
- The Moreau First Year Experience course kick-off, where you will meet fellow students in your small group session and begin your academic career at Notre Dame
- Receptions, picnics, lunches, dinners — lots of opportunities to meet people for food and fun
- Domerfest, a carnival-atmosphere evening event, where you'll have the chance to win prizes, sample great food truck treats, and play games with your new classmates
- Sunday Mass with the entire first-year class and their families
Welcome Weekend is mandatory for all first-year and transfer students.