Parent & Family Program
The Office of New Student Engagement is excited and honored to welcome students, parents, and families to the University of Notre Dame. This year, we warmly invite you to experience our virtual Parent & Family Welcome Program.
The weeks ahead are sure to mark a time of incredible transition for both students and families. The Parent & Family Welcome Program seeks to provide a glimpse into a student's first year at Notre Dame, the joys, beauties, and challenges that lie ahead, and the partnership our community hopes to build with parents and families.
The video series below offers insight from University leaders into the ways they seek to accompany and serve students, parents, and families as they each navigate this transition and begin to find a home at Notre Dame. The videos, of course, serve only as a starting point. We encourage you to explore the links associated with each video to gain a better understanding of the formative ways in which each office seeks to partner with parents and families.
Parents and Families are also invited to join via Zoom select Academic Exploration Sessions, taking place August 5th for Blue Program participants and August 7th for Gold Program participants. Click here to learn more about the Academic Exploration Sessions!
On behalf of the entire Notre Dame community, we are humbled by your family's decision to join our own. We look forward to working with you as, together, we walk alongside your student on his or her unique, transformative Notre Dame journey. It is our privilege to welcome each parent, student, and family member home!
Watch The Videos:
- Parent & Family Program Series Introduction
- Exploring Further: Notre Dame International and the Global University
- Discerning, Discovering, and Pursuing Meaningful Careers: The Meruelo Family Center for Career Development
- Navigating Unique Academic Journeys: Center for University Advising
- Forming Students in an Inclusive Community
- Supporting a Safe Campus Community: Notre Dame Police Department and Notre Dame Fire Department
- Additional Information
Parent & Family Program Series Introduction
- Lauren Donahue | Program Director for New Student Engagement, Division of Student Affairs
- Andrew Whittington | Program Director for First-Year Engagement, Center for University Advising
Exploring Further: Notre Dame International and the Global University
- Michael E. Pippenger, Ph.D. | Vice President and Associate Provost for Internationalization
Discerning, Discovering, and Pursuing Meaningful Careers: The Meruelo Family Center for Career Development
- Ryan Willerton | Associate Vice President for Career and Professional Development
Navigating Unique Academic Journeys: Center for University Advising
- Katrina Higgins | Director of First Year Advising | Center for University Advising
Forming Students in an Inclusive Community
- Sara Agostinelli, Ed.D. | Interim Director, Gender Relations Center
- Arnel Bulaoro | Interim Director, Multicultural Student Programs and Services
- Becky Ruvalcaba | Assistant Director of Outreach, Campus Ministry
- Consuela Howell | Director, Office of Student Enrichment
Supporting a Safe Campus Community
- Chief Bruce Harrison | Notre Dame Fire Department
- Chief Keri Kei Shibata | Notre Dame Police Department
Fostering Scholarship and Well-Being: Student Services and the Academy
- Christine Gebhardt, Ph.D. | Assistant Vice President for Student Services
- Elly Brenner | Assistant Provost for Academic Advising